Monday, October 4, 2010

The Crucible

Not gonna lie, I absolutely hated the first like 25 pages of the first act. The ending of the first act however; was pretty interesting. After being told about the connection to the McCarthy Hearings, I can see how this play could be linked in numerous ways. I still can't believe that these witch hunts actually occured. It is just outstanding that people could actually think that people were performing witchcraft. The only thing that has ever come close to witchcraft was the alchemists with their converting half of a metal coin into gold.

3 comments:

  1. I feel as if you don't respect the story timothy. I now have to describe to you in accounting how you are wrong and the begining 25 pages set the pace for the story. I agree with the whole witch argument though, because no witches have ever been found so they had no ground to accuse people of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tim,
    I agree the beginning was dreadful. I had to force myself to read it, but after the introduction, the story started to pick up a little bit. i never thought about the fact that the witch hunts might not have ever occurred. Thanks for pointing that out. also, i like how you incorporated chemistry into this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you have some readers...sorry about the slow intro to the play, but there is lots of side info that Miller wants you to know. I'm glad the play got better for you. "Witch hunts" are still going on today, just not for witches.

    ReplyDelete